To really thrive on an NDIS plan, it’s important to have a plan manager who can help you make the most of it.
But what if your plan manager isn’t living up to expectations? Can you change your plan? Is it challenging? And what happens if you’re in the middle of your plan?
These are questions we’re often asked. Fortunately, switching plan managers is much simpler than you might think. Here’s everything you need to know.
Why do people switch plan managers?
An NDIS plan manager should be taking care of your admin so you don’t have to. That means they help you budget effectively, pay providers on time, offer advice when you need it and can provide financial information.
If you find that your provider is hard to reach, not paying invoices quickly, not providing advice about budgeting or generally not meeting expectations, you might want to make the switch.
What are some of the switching misconceptions?
- Many participants believe that switching plan managers is a rigorous process that will cause more stress than it’s worth.
- Many also think that switching mid-plan is impossible.
Both of these ideas are misconceptions.
Switching can be a very straightforward process. There are no rules about switching mid-plan––you can switch when it suits you assuming you give the correct period of notice set out in your agreement.
How do I switch plan managers?
To switch plan managers there are a few key steps to follow:
- Find a new NDIS plan manager – search for a plan manager who suits your needs and is dedicated to helping you make the most of your plan.
- Inform your current plan manager – you’ll need to let your current plan manager know you’re switching––usually via email. The cancellation period will normally last between a week and a month.
- Get started with your new plan manager – once the cancellation period is over, your new plan manager will be able to sign you up and start managing your plan.
At myAutonomy, we’ve tried to make the process of switching simpler than ever. Contact us on 1300 60 33 89 to find out more about switching across to us.
Who can assist with switching?
Your Support Coordinator or Local Area Coordinator are a great first port of call to discuss plan providers and options that may best suit your needs. Our friendly team is also happy to answer any questions.
You’re one step away from better, simpler, more efficient plan management.
Interested to learn more about switching plan managers? Contact us today on 1300 60 33 89 or send us an email [email protected]
Speak to us today about NDIS Plan Management today.