As a provider, one of the key ways to ensure you’re getting paid efficiently is to ensure make accurate claims.
After all, getting paid is one of the keys to running a successful business and helping participants in the long term.
We’ve unfortunately heard that providers sometimes have trouble when claiming payments from the NDIS.
To help you, we’ve created this guide with best practice tips.
Why we might ask for more information
At myAutonomy, we’re obliged to ensure that invoices are claimed correctly – otherwise, they may not be accepted by the NDIA.
To keep processes accurate – and to ensure we’re protecting everyone’s interests – we have a Compliance Review Team that ensures the appropriate use of funds has occurred and that invoices are filled in correctly.
Our team checks to ensure that all claims include the necessary information and that they’re accurate. We’re also required to report any cases of fraud or suspicious behaviour concerning NDIS funds.
So to ensure the proper use of funds, we may ask for more information before making a payment.
Our guide for successful claims
To avoid being asked further questions, it’s helpful to minimise the typical errors. This will also help you ensure you get paid as quickly as possible.
As a provider, keep the following in mind.
- Ensure the support is correct and only provide and claim for services in the support category you’re registered for.
- Provide all of the information relating to your business. That includes your business name, services provided, and your ABN.
- Use the right support item code using the Support Catalogue on the NDIS website.
- Include the specific amount and timing of services provided. That means providing accurate hours, dates, and any weekend fees with no estimates.
- Keep your records. This is really important in the case of an audit. Your records should include the services you provide, the hours you work, and all of the claims you make.
You can also use our checklist as a guide when making NDIS claims.
Ensure the support is correct
Provide your business name and ABN
Include the hours worked
Include the specific date and times
Include any weekend or after-hours fees as needed
Keep your records in case of additional questions or an audit
We’re here to help
Have a question or query? Our friendly team is only too happy to help out.
Get in touch on 1300 60 33 89 or at [email protected].