As we’re sure you’re aware, the NDIA has been rolling out a new platform known as PACE.
Through the rollout, the myAutonomy team is seeing some significant challenges and delays while participants are being onboarded and new plans are issued to existing clients.
Some of these challenges include much slower processing times, long wait times on phones and no responses to emails being sent by participants and Support Coordinators to the NDIS. There are also new processes that many are unfamiliar with.
To ensure you can make the most from your NDIS plan without too much friction, we’ve put together a list of suggestions for you to consider.
Currently, we’re seeing delays of over three months for participants to have new plans or plan changes approved.
Importantly, if you’re running low on funds, or you need to change your plan (for any reason), it’s essential to be proactive and take the necessary steps to get the process of renewing your plan started NOW!
Some other things to keep in mind include:
- If you have a nominee, make sure they are listed in PACE, otherwise they may not be able to assist on your behalf.
- If you have a Support Coordinator, make sure they are also listed and authorised to assist on your behalf.
- Similarly, if you are the Support Coordinator, make sure your participant has you listed and authorised to assist on their behalf.
- In PACE, you can only approve Plan Managers and Support Coordinators by calling the NDIS or speaking to your LAC/ Planner to nominate them.
- If you receive transport payments each fortnight, ring the NDIS and ensure that your bank account is listed in PACE.
- If you haven’t logged into your myplace portal recently, do so now, as some tasks under the new PACE are easier to do via the myplace portal.
- If part of your plan is agency-managed, contact the NDIS and have your providers listed as an ‘approved provider’. This will ensure they are paid promptly. To speed up the process, get their NDIS provider number which is usually on their website.
How we’re helping
While there is only so much we can do as a plan manager, we are helping our participants in any way we can. As such:
- Keep an eye on any alerts we’re sending regarding your budget and treat them as a priority.
- Similarly, our staff are here to help, so be mindful that we are doing the best we can given the constraints we’re experiencing with the new PACE system.
We’re a call away
We want you to feel supported during this time. Our friendly team is only too happy to answer any questions you may have.
Contact us today on 1300 60 33 89 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org